The infantryman supervises, leads, or serves as a member of an infantry activity that employs individual or crew served weapons in support of offensive and defensive combat opera tions. Duties for MOS 11B at each level of skill are:
(1) Skill Level 1. Assists in the performance of reconnaissance operations. Employs, fires, and recovers anti-personnel and anti-tank mines. Locates and neutralizes mines. Operates, mounts/dismounts, zeros, and engages targets using night vision sight. Operates and maintains communications equipment and operates in a radio net. Operates in a NBC contaminated area. Constructs field expedient firing aids for infantry weapons. Performs as a member of a fire team during a movement to contact, reconnaissance, and security, an attack, defense, situational training exercises and all infantry dismounted battle drills. Processes prisoners of war and captured documents.
(2) Skill Level 2. Performs duties shown in preceding level of skill. Leads an infantry team in combat operations, providing tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and professional support to both superiors and subordinates in the accomplishment of their duties. Leads, supervises, and trains subordinate personnel. Calls for and adjusts indirect fire. Evaluates terrain and selects weapon emplacement. Controls organic fires. Installs and recovers anti-handing devices on anti-tank mines and electrical and non-electrical demolition charges. Supervises construction of hasty fortifications and re ceipt, storage, and issue of ammunition. Records operational information on maps. Receives and implements combat orders, di rects deployment of personnel in offensive, defensive, and retro grade operations. Requests, observes, and adjusts direct supporting fire. Evaluates terrain and supervises the emplacement of sighting and firing all assigned weapons. Uses maps and map overlays, performs intersection and resection, and determines elevation and grid azimuths. Leads a fire team during a movement to contact, reconnaissance and security, an attack, defense, situational training exercises, and all infantry dismounted battle drills.
Complete form for more information here.
(3) Skill Level 3. Performs duties shown in preceding level of skill. Leads an infantry squad and/or a reconnaissance (scout) team during combat operations. Supervises tactical deployment of as signed element in offensive, defensive, and retrograde operations. Provides tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and profes sional support to both subordinates and superiors in the accomplish ment of their duties. Receives and issues orders. Coordinates action of the element with adjacent and support elements and organic and supporting fire power. Ensures collection and proper reporting of intelligence data to unit. Adjusts aerial fire support. Analyzes ter rain. Conducts tactical operations for a squad, operations of a patrol base, and NBC operations. Maintains operational security. Prepares, operates, and maintains secure communications equipment. Leads a squad during movement to contact, reconnaissance and security, an attack, defense situational training exercises, and all infantry dis mounted battle drills.
(4) Skill Level 4. Performs duties shown in preceding level of skill. Supervises an infantry or reconnaissance (scout) platoon in combat operations and intelligence information gathering. Leads a platoon during a movement to contact, reconnaissance and security, an attack defense, situational training exercises, and all infantry dismounted battle drills. Provides tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and professional support to both subordinates and su periors in the accomplishmment of their duties. Supervises the occu- pation of an assembly area. Employs NBC defensive teams. Plans for, supervises preparation of, and conducts NBC operations. Per forms battle damage assessment. Develops a platoon training plan.
(5)Skill Level 5. Performs duties shown in preceding level of skill. Supervises an infantry company in combat. Plans, coordinates, supervises, and participates in activities pertaining to organization, training, combat operations, and intelligence of units at battalion or higher. Provides tactical and technical guidance to subordinates and professional support to both subordinates and superiors in the ac complishment of their duties. Serves as the principal noncommissioned officer in an infantry company; supervising the processing of operations and intelligence information in an infantry battalion or higher level unit.
Physical demands rating and qualifications for initial award of MOS. Infantrymen must possess the following qualifications--
(1) A physical demands rating, of very heavy.
(2) A physical profile, of 111221.
(3) Color discrimination of red/green.
(4) Correctable vision of 20/20 in one eye; 20/100 in other eye.
(5)A minimum score of 90in apptitude area CO.
(6) Formal training (completion of MOS 11B course conducted under the auspices of the USA Infantry School) mandatory.
NOTE: This job is not open for women.
Additional skill identifiers
(2) C2--DRAGON Gunnery.
(4) P5--Master Fitness Trainer.
(5) Q8--Tactical Air Operations.
(6) W7 Special Forces Underwater Operations.
(7) W8--Special Forces Military Free Fall Operations.
(8) 2C--JAVELIN Gunnery (skill level 3 and below).
(9) 2S--Battle Staff Operations (skill level 3 and above).
(10) 4A--Reclassification Training.